Flooring 101: What do you need to know?
Whether it’s your first time building or renovating, or if it’s simply been a while since your last project, you may be surprised at the sheer number of options and features available to you when it comes to modern flooring solutions.
Before you choose a material and dive into textures, colors & styles, you’ll want to have a good sense of what the best option is for your particular needs. Several key considerations will be unique to you and your budget:
- In what type of room will your new flooring be installed?
- Which installation methods will work in your space?
- Can you install yourself, or will you need to hire a professional?
- What is the cost compared to your overall budget?
- What care & maintenance will be required?
For instance, you’ll have a different set of considerations for a basement floor, a high-traffic entryway, or a formal living room.