Flooring 101: What do you need to know?
Whether it’s your first time building or renovating, or if it’s simply been a while since your last project, you may be surprised at the sheer number of options and features available to you when it comes to modern flooring solutions.
Before you choose a material and dive into textures, colors & styles, you’ll want to have a good sense of what the best option is for your particular needs. Several key considerations will be unique to you and your budget:
- In what type of room will your new flooring be installed?
- Which installation methods will work in your space?
- Can you install yourself, or will you need to hire a professional?
- What is the cost compared to your overall budget?
- What care & maintenance will be required?
For instance, you’ll have a different set of considerations for a basement floor, a high-traffic entryway, or a formal living room.
Learn the basics of natural hardwood flooring, from solid to engineered planks.
Get all the knowledge you need about durable laminate flooring solutions.
An introduction to versatile vinyl and luxury vinyl tile and plank flooring.
Become an area rug expert and learn about styles, materials, care & rug pads.